life is always about the journey...

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Just Laugh A Little!


Funny Girl!


Nothing makes me feel better than some smiles and belly laughs.  I try to fit a few into each day no matter what is happening around me or to me.  It really can change your attitude and mood...even if its only for a little bit.  So I'm always on the look out for funny jokes, memes or videos and of course TV shows.  And nothing makes me happier than watching and laughing with my family..quality time with them is very important to me.


Modern Family and New Girl are two of my family's faves for always making us LOL loudly. We watch them together as a family and we regularly rewind to see a scene again (and maybe again) ;)  Stephen Colbert & Jon Stewart's Daily Show do the same for us...news in a sarcastic, snarky, funny way...we watch some nights during dinner and then discuss the news of the day together.  A fun, modern way to get the teens interested and knowledgeable about the world around them.  We've had some pretty interesting talks about Russia, Putin, China and the missing MH370 airliner.  In fact Alexa's AP Government class will watch clips at school to lead into debates and discussions.


But lately what has been making me happy and laughing alot is the NEW Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.  
We are BIG fans of Jimmy and couldn't wait for him to take the reins from Jay Leno...and we haven't been disappointed.  He's such a friendly and funny guy....he's a gifted comedian but like Ellen never seems to be harsh or mean-spirited with his jokes...I love that!  So we DVR it and watch it together when we can and have a few laughs...great way to start the day and end the evening me thinks!


 So this clip was from the other night when Kevin Bacon was on.  I loved the original "Footloose" movie when it came out 30 years ago..GASP...30 freaking years ago (I'm getting old lol)!  So Kevin reenacted his famous dance from the movie and it was just too fun to not share with you all.


Hope it makes your smile on this Tuesday too :)


Share:

11 comments

  1. Thanks for posting that clip Suzanne. That was awesome. Yes I can't believe that movie is 30 years old as well, but looking at Kevin Bacon, you wouldn't think so. He looks amazing!!! And hot!!! Phew. Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kevin looks good and he's stilllll got the moves...I watched it about 6 times I think hahahaha ;)

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! Thanks for the memories!!! I watched that night & couldn't get enough of Kevin & Jimmy...so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the footloose clip the other day and really enjoyed it. Made me feel happy and carefree for a moment. Love kevin bacons new show the following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an awesome show with Kevin. LOVE Kevin!! Jimmy is the bomb, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, again...takes me back in time. I try to watch Jimmy every night. Hubby and I are so happy he was the one to take the reins from Jay. He had big shoes to fill and he is doing just that.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to watch Leno when kids were much younger but it kinda got "meh" and I stopped. However we DVR Jimmy every night and never fail to laugh a few times...we love him!

      Delete
  6. Wow, now Kevin is one of the two actors that I have a crush on so really enjoyed that clip! I hadn't seen it so thanks soooo much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Jimmy...always makes me laugh :) Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  7. So so cool! And I can't believe that "Footloose" was 30 years ago - very scary! Thanks for bringing a smile to my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig