life is always about the journey...

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall Chalkboard Art!


It's Fall Y'all


This is my fall decor chalkboard I created using some of my fave things!



So I started out with a chalkboard I got off of Amazon here...loved the distressed look and size of these.
However I didn't want to attach anything permanently to the chalkboard..I wanted something I could change out each season.   I made an insert with black cardstock that can easily fit inside the chalkboard frame and come out when needed.  
I LOVE SUBWAY CHALK ART...
so this subway art was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo from one of their files.  Then pieced together after I inked it well with brown ink and glued onto my black cardstock.


Then I added some extra details with 3M foam so each element can be easily removed when I'm ready to change it for the season.  Nothing says fall like beautifully fall colored leaves to me..and crisp air outside..football..fires in the fireplace and comfort food.


I used an oldie but a goodie "Tilda in Fall Leaves"..one of my fall favorites..I used to love jumping into leaves.  Now I'm old enough to cringe at the bugs and spiders that may be lurking LOL...but I sure enjoyed it when I was young!
I colored her with a mix of Copics & TouchTwin markers.
Then I added some Stickles to the mix for pretty sparkle.



The leaves are older stamps from EKSuccess and then inked a bit and stuck on with small bits of 3M tape I cut up.  The leafy swirls are a Memory Box die cut out of dark yellow cs and inked and then I added some leaf punches to them.  
Some raffia ribbon tied at the top to finish it off.
I love the way it turned out and can't wait to think up ideas for a wintry version. Its the perfect size to hang, lean or add to a fall arrangement...hope you like it too!



 Entering her into the following Linky Parties:




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig