life is always about the journey...

Friday, August 30, 2013

A Lil' Bit of Everything!


Quick and Easy Side Dish

VEGGIE SAUTE

I'm always trying to figure out healthy & easy side dishes to serve with dinner that my family will eat.
This dish I make is something my mom used to throw together growing up and I've just tweaked it a bit.  The best thing about it is you can include whatever you want or like!

I call it Veggie Saute and its soooo good.  If you have leftovers of this, the 2nd day is even better after those flavors really marinate together...mmmm!  
This is great if you have a bunch of veggies laying around that you need to use up or only have a few of each...chop them up and add them to the mix.  That way the veggies don't go to waste!

Ingredients that I use:
*Remember you can add whatever veggies you choose
*any amount of veggies that you want, its up to you

-zucchini
-yellow squash
-onion
-tomatoes
-mushrooms
-any peppers you choose
-Olive Oil
-3-4 garlic cloves pressed/diced
-salt/pepper
-red pepper flakes
-shredded mozzarella


Add your Olive Oil to a saute pan and cook your garlic for a few mins.
Then add all your veggies (chopped) and seasonings...I love a kick so I add a good amount
of red pepper flakes.  

Cook over medium heat until veggies soften up to your liking, stirring well every few minutes.
If you are in a rush put a lid on the pan so the veggies cook down faster.




You can do this with fresh or store bought veggies....here's the secret though (shhhh ok)?  No matter whether you use fresh or store bought you cannot really tell because you are sauteing it down with flavorful seasonings.  So what's that mean?  
You can make this all year long and its super healthy for you and EASY!!!!



Ta Da!  Yum Yum...now here is the kicker...listen closely ok??
CHEESE
If you like cheese...sprinkle a bit of shredded mozzarella on the mixture while warm so it melts a bit and then serve.  YUMMO!  Course you don't have to use cheese, but it adds a special sumpin' to the mix!

Easy to make, cooks up quickly and its healthy!  Yum Yum!


Share:

3 comments

  1. I just finished dinner, but you're making me hungry again!

    How do you find the time to do, everything that you do?! I get tired just reading what you accomplish most days:).

    What a lucky family to have such a wonderful mom!

    Blessings to all of you!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the exact same dish for years only I put it all in foil and toss it on the grill to cook!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig